- Player Code of ConductAchieving a high level of sportsmanship from our players starts with each player. Playing soccer for TYSL is a privilege and not a right. As with all privileges there comes the responsibility to maintain that privilege. One of your player responsibilities is to conduct yourself in a way that reflects positively on yourself, your coach, your teammates, your family, the game of soccer. Players who do not conduct themselves appropriately will be subject to discipline with TYSL or its governing authorities and that could include removal from TYSL. Listed below are behaviors you are expected to exhibit at all times.1. I will observe the laws of the game at all times and the highest level of sportsmanship.2. I will control my language and not use foul or inappropriate language while participating in soccer related activities.
3. I will never taunt, yell, gloat at opposing players and teams.
4. I will treat my fellow teammates with respect and encouragement, not criticism.
5. I will respect my opponents and shake hands at the completion of a game. This may not always be easy depending on how the opposition conducts itself. TYSL players rise above the behavior of those who do not represent the game of soccer favorably.
6. I will treat officials with respect and dignity. I will remember that they are in control of the pitch (field) and acknowledge that they are human and will make mistakes. Open confrontation with the officials in the end will not serve my team well. The officials will have the last word even it if results in my being sent off the pitch.
7. I will follow and learn from my coaches’ direction.
8. I will work hard to improve my soccer skills.
9. I will play hard and fair at all times.
10. I will adhere to the highest standards and the regulations of TYSL and its governing authority. I will seek to honor those who uphold the highest standards and principles of soccer and will use appropriate protocol to oppose and eliminate all behavior that brings disrepute to the sport, e.g. violence, abuse, dishonesty, disrespect, gossip and violations of the laws of the game and rules governing competition.
- I have read and understood TYSL Player Code of Conduct (this document). I understand that any violation of this code may result in disciplinary action being taken against me. This code of conduct will be enforced for the current soccer season.