General Rules Indoor Soccer League
- Individuals utilizing this facility do so at their own risk. Please refer to your Release/Waiver Form.
- Conduct within the facility and on the field should be conducted in the spirit of good sportsmanship.
- No chewing tobacco, chewing gum, candy, sunflower seeds, or similar types of products are permitted in the indoor turf area.
- No glass containers are allowed inside the indoor turf field area.
- Twilight Soccer League reserves the right to refuse play or service to anyone for any reason they see fit.
- Any fighting will result in permanent banishment from the facility.
Signup & Fees:
There are fees per player and team to participate in the league.
- Teams can sign up anytime before the start date. To guarantee your team spot, a $100 nonrefundable deposit is required prior to the league start date. Deposits will only be refunded if Twilight Soccer League does not have a league spot available for your team. We ask that payment in full be received at least one week prior to the start of the league session.
- If payment in full has not been received by the start of the session, your team will not be permitted to play until full payment has been made.
- If full payment is not made by the said deadline, a $50 late fee will be added for every game played until full payment is made.
- Any teams who submit late payments will forfeit any early registration discount(s) offered.
- No individual will be allowed to participate in any leaguegames, practice session, tournament, clinic, open pickup game, or other activities until a release form has been properly completed and signed.
- A game is considered “official” after one completed half of play. If there is an injury or other unforeseen circumstance, the current score will stand as official once a half has been played.
The clock will be a running clock.
- In the case of a serious injury where the injured player must remain on the field the following may occur:
- § If the injury occurs before half time, the game will be cancelled and rescheduled.
- § If the injury occurs after half time, the score will count, unless the game determines a championship.
- Game Length
50 minutes (two 25 minute halves)
one 2 minute half time
- Players Per Side: 7 v 7 including a Goalie will be the required number of players for each team.
Indoor Soccer Rules and Regulations
All team members must wear the same colored shirt with a number on the back. Their number must match the number on the team roster form. All players must wear shin guards. Twilight Soccer will provide all game balls. All players must wear molded rubber soled cleats or indoorshoes. Players with casts or braces will be permitted to play based on the referee’s discretion. No metal cleats of any sort.
- Start of Game
Kickoff can be played forward or Back. You cannot score directly off of the kickoff.
- THERE WILL BE NO OFFSIDES.
Substitutions will be on the fly. Teams must enter and leave the field from the designated areas. Subbing must occur within ten (10) feet of the midfield touch line, adjacent to the team area.
- OUT OF BOUNDS
The referee will determine where the ball went out. Violations will result in a change of possession. A player cannot score a goal directly from a throw in. A violation of the rule will result in a goal kick. In the spirit of fair play a ball out of bounds must be put back in play within a 5 second window. Any delay of game longer than this may result in a change of possession and/or such occurrence may result in a yellow card.
- Goal Kicks
When the attacking team kicks the ball out of play over the end line, the defending team will get a goal kick. The goal kick is taken in the penalty area. No player may touch the ball on a goal kick until the ball clears the penalty area. Goals cannot be scored directly from a goal kick.
- Corner Kicks
When the defending team kicks the ball out of play over the end line, the attacking team will get a corner kick. The corner kicks should be taken at the point where the end line and sideline meet. A goal can be scored directly from a corner kick. Defenders must stand 4 yards away from ball on corner kicks.
- Direct Free Kicks
Defenders must be 4 yards away from the ball on ALL free kicks. In the spirit of fair play the ball must be kicked into play within a 5 second window. Any delay of game longer than this may result in a change of possession and/or such occurrence may result in a yellow card.The following violations justify a direct free kick:
· Charging running at an opponent in a violent or dangerous way
· Handballs touching the ball with hand or arm
· Hitting/kicking striking or attempting to strike an opponent
· Holding grabbing an opponent to keep opponent from the ball
· Pushing using the hands or arms to push aside an opponent
· Tripping causing an opponent to trip
· Slide tackling sliding on the pitch in an attempt to gain possession
- Indirect Free Kicks
In the spirit of fair play the ball must be kicked into play within a 5 second window. Any delay of game longer than this may result in a change of possession and/or such occurrence may result in a yellow card.· Goalkeeper punting the ball. The ball will placed at the top of the penalty area.
· Hitting the ceiling/cables –An indirect kick is awarded against the team that hit the ceiling/cables.
The ball is spotted where the ball made contact with the ceiling/cable (not were the ball was kicked).** There is no slide tackling to tackle the ball away from an opponent. However, sliding to save the ball from going out of bounds or to win the ball in the open field will be up to the discretion of the referee.
- Penalty Kick
A penalty kick will be awarded when the defending team commits a direct free kick violation inside their penalty area. The goalkeeper must stay on the goal line until the ball is kicked. The kicker cannot play the ball again unless a defending team’s player plays it. Penalty kicks will be taken from the penalty mark.
Goalkeepers are allowed unlimited steps, however the ball must be played within 6 seconds. Goalkeepers may NOT play the ball with their hands if the ball is kicked back to them by one of their own players – this rule does not apply to U8’s. Goalkeepers are NOT allowed to punt or drop kick the ball. Goalkeepers will not be permitted to slide outside of the penalty box to play the ball.
Coaches must stay in “coach’s area” as designated by the referee. 2 Coaches only are permitted in the team area. Coaching from the sideline is permitted provided instruction is given and not derogatory. No coach, player, or spectator may make derogatory comments or gestures to referees, other coaches, other players, or spectators. No coach, player, or spectator will use profanity or behave destructively.Coaches have total responsibility for the conduct of their players, friends, and spectators at all times. At the discretion of the official or In the Net Management, spectators, coaches and/or players will be ejected from the facility for any disruptive behavior.
A blue card is given as a warning, and the guilty player must sit out for 2 minutes. A yellow card will be given as a warning. The player must sit for five minutes and be allowed on the field as soon as that time has passed. The team must play down one player for the whole amount of time. Any player or coach given their 3rd yellow card in one session will sit out the remaining scheduled games in that session.
A red card is given for a second yellow card, a serious foul, or a dangerous act performed in any one
game. A red carded player or coach must leave the playing area immediately. The team will play one man down for the remainder of that game. Any red carded player or coach must sit out and will not be permitted in the playing area for the NEXT scheduled game. Any player or coach who receives a second red card in the league will then sit out and will not be permitted in the playing area for the remainder of their teams scheduled games in that session. However, depending on the severity of the ejection, at the discretion of the referee and or of In the Net management, any unruly player or coach may be ejected from the playing area and sanctioned to more extreme penalties. At the discretion of the official or In the Net management, spectators, coaches and/or players can be ejected from the facility for any disruptive behavior. Anyone who commits assault on any other person on facility property will be expelled from the league permanently.
- *No Spitting on the Turf* *NO GUM ON TURF* Any person caught spitting on the turf may
be sent off.
- Goal Margin of Victory
Only a 10 goal margin will be posted and recorded towards a team victory or loss.
- Playoffs and Championship Games
If a playoff game and/or championship game ends in a tie, a 4 min sudden victory over time period will occur. If the game still remains tied, goalkeepers will be removed and the game will be played until a game winning goal is scored.
- Regular Season Standings Tiebreakers
If two teams are tied with the same amount of points at the end of the regular season, the following will be used (in order) to break the tie:
1) Head to Head
2) Goal Differential
3) Goals Against
- NO PROTESTS WILL BE ALLOWED. The League Director or designee will settle disputes and their
decision is final.
Additional Rules and Regulation
- Any team requesting a game change after the first game will be required to pay the ref fee for both teams participating in that game along with a $75 rescheduling fee.
- A team that is required to forfeit their game must pay the referee both their own referee fee and are required to pay the ref fee for the other team. No Exceptions! Teams will be permitted to play recreationally, and may pick up additional players (must sign a medical release form) to field enough players to play.
- A team must forfeit if they cannot provide enough players to field a team.
- Inclement Weather Cancellation Clause – Information regarding closings can be found on our website and by calling 508-868-0248
- We reserves the right to ask for proof of age from any player. The team will be required to submit proof by means of birth certificate, passport, driver’s license, or state player’s pass within one week of request. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit.
- All League-Related Questions and/or Comments should be directed to 508-868-0248 or email@example.com
1. All players must have signed the wavier/registration form and paid all fees before starting play.
2. Team rosters may not exceed 15 players.
3. Players may be added to your team up to the 4th game of the season by noon that day.
1. Any regular season game that ends in a tie will remain a tie.
2. Any regular season game that ends in a tie shall be counted as one point in the league standings.
The referee will have authority over the game and his / her decisions over goals scored, rules, etc shall be final.
Please respect their rights and work with them to ensure a well played game.
1. There will be one official for any game.
2. Officials shall :
A. Make all decisions for infringement of the rules
committed within or outside the boundary lines from
the beginning of the game to the end.
B. See that all kickoffs, free kicks and penalty kicks are
C. Act as timekeeper and allow the full or agreed time,
adding any time lost through injury or other causes at
Will show a caution or yellow card to any player / coach
guilty of misconduct or unsportsmanlike like conduct.
In such a case the referee shall give the name of the
offender to league officials who will record the incident.
E. Will send off the field of play and show a red card to
any player / coach who is guilty of violent conduct,
serious foul play, the use abusive language, or is guilty
of a second cautionable offense.
CONDUCT / SPORTSMANSHIP:
1. No coach or player shall belittle or berate the referee. This type of action will NOT be tolerated..
First offense: Warning
Second offense: Ejection from game of offending person.
PENALTY: Any coach or player ejected from a game will be suspended for a minimum of 1 game up to a maximum of the remainder of the season. When a player is ejected for unsportsman like conduct that team will play a player short for the rest of the game. Any coach ejected from a game will be required to meet in person with
2. Harassment of officials and field supervisors will not be tolerated. Questions should be asked by team spokesperson, and done in an ORDERLY HUMANE fashion about rule interpretations only. Judgment calls are not to be argued.
Failure to comply with this rule will result in immediate ejection of the guilty party and possibly forfeiture of the game. NO WARNINGS WILL BE GIVEN!!
The seventh game will conclude the end of the season. Winners will be determined based on points accumulated during the season.